Jazz Ensemble is a performing ensemble consisting of saxophones (alto, tenor, bari), trombones, trumpets, percussion (piano, drums), guitar and bass. Rehearsals occur Monday, Wednesday and Thursday during the "A" lunch period. The band performs two concerts annually as well as various places throughout the community. Repertoire performed will include works from diverse jazz genres selected to expose students to a wide variety of different jazz styles and techniques. All pieces will have goals aimed at teaching/learning core objectives and entertaining. Students will get a basic understanding of jazz history and techniques as well as become familiar with important jazz musicians and composers. Music will be selected based on the ensemble talent level and other curricular goals. Students will be given materials and skills needed to improve their musicianship and improvisation skills. Jazz Ensemble is open to all students in grades 9-12. If there is a high demand for placement in Jazz Ensemble, an audition process may be used.
- Sat. December 8th: Solomons Christmas Walk Performance - 6:45pm
- Sun. December 16th: Annemarie Garden in Lights Performance - 6:00pm-8:30pm
- Mulch Sale: Saturday, April 6th - 7:30am-1pm (mandatory to help; can be done earlier than scheduled)
- Spring Concert Dress Rehearsal: Wednesday, April 24th - 2:30pm-6:00pm
- Spring Concert: Friday, April 26th - Report 6pm (Concert 7pm)