The Patuxent High School Percussion Ensemble is open to any student in grades 9-12 with any level of experience and ability playing percussion. Rehearsals occur every day during the school year. The ensemble performs two concert annually with possible additional performances for special events and community involvement. Students will gain an understanding of percussion techniques as well as building individual and ensemble skills. The repertoire performed will expose students to to a wide variety of musical types, styles and examples of quality ensemble music. All pieces will have goals aimed at teaching/learning core objectives and entertaining. Students will be given the opportunity to perform in both large and small ensemble settings.
- Mulch Sale: Saturday in April Date TBA, 7:30am-4:00pm
- Spring Concert Dress Rehearsal: Wednesday, May 2nd, 2:30pm – 6pm
- Spring Concert: Wednesday, May 9th, Report - 6pm (Concert - 7pm)
- State Solo and Ensemble Festival: Saturday, May 19th @ Towson University
- Graduation Rehearsal: Monday, June 4th - Periods 6-8