The Patuxent High School Symphonic Band is a performance group consisting of brass, woodwind and percussion instruments. Rehearsals occur every day during the school year. The ensemble performs two annual concerts as well as performances at the District Band Festival and Maryland State Band Festival (pending qualification). The pieces performed will include popular and classical works from diverse genres selected to expose the students to a wide variety of musical types and examples of quality ensemble music. All pieces will have goals aimed at teaching/learning core objectives and entertaining. Music will be selected based on the ensemble talent level and other curricular goals. Students will focus on improving basic sound production techniques and improving individual and ensemble skills. Listening, breathing and rhythmic study and sight reading will be used often to give students a solid playing foundation that will help them progress as they move up to higher level ensembles. All incoming students are placed into Symphonic Band without audition. Placement in Wind Ensemble is possible through a successful audition with Mr. Lane.
- Mulch Sale: Saturday, April 6th - 7:30am-1pm (mandatory to help; can be done earlier than scheduled)
- Spring Concert Dress Rehearsal: Wednesday, April 24th - 2:30pm-6:00pm
- Spring Concert: Friday, April 26th - Report 6pm (Concert 7pm)
- Graduation Rehearsal: Tuesday, June 4th - Periods 6-8
- Graduation: Thursday, June 6th