The Patuxent High School Wind Ensemble is the highest level band ensemble offered at PHS. Entry into the ensemble is based on a successful audition with Mr. Lane. The ensemble performs two annual concerts as well as performances at the District and State Band Assessments. The pieces performed will include popular and classical works from diverse genres selected to expose students to a wide variety of musical literature. As the highest-level ensemble, students will be challenged with rigorous music that will take rehearsal time outside of the class to be prepared for performance. Students will be challenged with higher-level thinking processes, problem-solving, leadership opportunities and creative expression in this course. They will develop a deeper understanding of the emotional and expressive qualities of music performance.
- Mulch Sale: Saturday, April 6th - 7:30am-1pm (mandatory to help; can be done earlier than scheduled)
- Spring Concert Dress Rehearsal: Wednesday, April 24th - 2:30pm-6:00pm
- Spring Concert: Friday, April 26th - Report 6pm (Concert 7pm)
- Graduation Rehearsal: Tuesday, June 4th - Periods 6-8
- Graduation: Thursday, June 6th