The Patuxent High School Wind Ensemble is a performance group consisting of brass, woodwind and percussion instruments. The ensemble performs two annual concerts as well as performances at the District XII Band Festival and Maryland State Band Festival (pending qualification). The pieces performed will include popular and classical works from diverse genres selected to expose the students to a wide variety of musical types. All selected repertoire will have goals aimed at teaching/learning core objectives and entertaining. As the highest-level ensemble, students will be challenged with higher level music that will take some outside rehearsal practice time to be prepared for performance. It is the student’s responsibility to prepare their individual parts. Students will also be challenged with higher level thinking processes and evaluations of performance. Lesson materials will be selected and assigned to provide the students with increasing capabilities on their instruments. Entry into the ensemble is based on a successful audition with Mr. Lane only.
- Mulch Sale: Saturday, April 7th, 7:00am-3:30pm
- Spring Concert Dress Rehearsal: Wednesday, May 2nd, 2:30pm – 6pm
- Spring Concert: Wednesday, May 9th, Report - 6pm (Concert - 7pm)
- State Solo and Ensemble Festival: Saturday, May 19th @ Towson University
- Graduation Rehearsal: Monday, June 4th - Periods 6-8